Why is microbial testing important?
Water contamination is an issue that concerns everyone.
- Over 10,000 people are infected with Legionnaire’s from consuming Legionella in the USA, and the number is growing every year (CDC)
- Legionella in plumbing systems is responsible for majority of drinking water disease outbreaks (57.6%) (CDC)
- Over 15 million U.S. households obtain drinking water from private wells that are subject to various environmental contaminants including seepage through landfills, failed septic tanks, underground storage tank infection, fertilizers and pesticides (EPA)
- Majority of water borne disease outbreaks (51.5%) are related to untreated groundwater (EPA, CDC)
- About 60% of public hot tubs are contaminated with bacteria beyond acceptable limits (CDC)
- Millions of immunosuppressed consumers can get sick easily and with greater severity when exposed to bacteria not harmful to others
With water contamination being such a grave and widespread issue, it’s only logical to test your water for microbial contamination regularly. ExactBlue makes it simple to detect bacteria in minutes.
Get in touch with us to learn more about our products