Exact blue detects majority of known microbes. This includes majority of gram positive and gram negative bacteria. Here are the following common shapes and sizes that is detected by our solution:
- Bacillus megaterium: Rod-like, Gram-positive, mainly aerobic spore forming bacterium found in widely diverse habitats. With a cell length of up to 4 μm and a diameter of 1.5 μm, B. megaterium is amongst the biggest known bacteria.
- Pseudomonas Putida: Rod shaped bacteria, 0.4 to 0.9 microns in diameter, 1 to 2 microns in length. Found in nature in grey waters contaminated with petroleum products, and used in labs for research purposes.
- E coli: E coli is a gram negative bacteria found as a contaminant in ground water. E coli is rod- shaped, with a 1-3 microns rod and 0.5 micron in diameter.
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae (Yeast): Saccharomyces cerevisiae has a globular shape yeast, 1-2 microns in diameter. It is commonly used in beverage fermentation (beer) and bread making.
- Pseudomonas Aeruginosa is an environmental (opportunistic pathogenic) bacteria, with a round shape (coccus) and a diameter of 0.5 to 0.6 microns.
Salmonella enterica is a pathogenic bacteria, responsible for many of the food poisoning incidents. S enterica is a rod- shaped bacteria, with a rod length of 2-3 microns, and a diameter of 0.6- 0.7 microns.
Staphylococccus aureus is an opportunistic bacteria, known to cause skin infections. S aureus is a coccus (round shaped), with a diameter of 0.8 to 1 microns.